The WA600-8 is certified Tier 4-Final, and reduces fuel consumpion by 13 percent over the Tier 3 predecessor. The capacity of the standard bucket has been increased to 9.2 cubic yards.
The 529-horsepower Komatsu SAS6D170E-7 engine uses a Komatsu Diesel Particulate Filter and other aftertreatment, and 98 percent of the regeneration is passive, the company says. SmartLoader Logic combines with an enhanced lockup torque converter that activates in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear.
The cab features a new air-suspension, heated seat, and seat-mounted electronic pilot control levers.
Variable Traction Control system and Modulated Clutch system provide optimal tractive effort for various ground conditions, the company says.
Komatsu WA600-8 Specifications
- Operating weight: 122,268-124,473 pounds
- Net horsepower: 529 @ 1,800 rpm
- Bucket capacity: 8.4-9.2 cubic yards
- Hinge pin height: 18 feet 7 inches
- Static tipping load: 84,261-83,855 pounds