Models 524L, 544L, and 624L wheel loaders have been upgraded to L Series, with larger and more comfortable cabs than the K Series predecessors. Improvements include more storage and floor space; enhanced HVAC with rear defrost, increased air flow, and reduced noise; and three auxiliary power ports.
Net engine ratings are 152, 166, and 192 horsepower, respectively.
L Series loaders have electrohydraulic (EH) controls with integrated third and fourth function auxiliary hydraulics. Operators can assign a hydraulic function to each of two integrated buttons on the controls. A seat-mounted right-hand joystick has a forward-neutral-reverse switch and fully integrated auxiliary hydraulic controls.
See the John Deere promotional video below.
The boom has been redesigned for increased visibility to the coupler and attachments, and bucket options have been added, including enhanced production buckets with integrated spill guards, profiled side cutters, and greater rollback. The shaft-style fork has been designed for more visibility, and tine length options of 48, 60, and 72 inches have been added.
Boom and bucket hydraulic kickouts are smoother than K Series, and parallel lift linkage has been redesigned. Return-to-dig settings can be set from the cab for both directions of the bucket. Boom and Bucket EH metering rate aggressiveness—low, medium, or high—provides quicker hydraulics or reduced response.
Loaders options include High Lift (HL) and High Lift Plus (HL Plus) for enhanced truck loading, and the 524L and 624L have a tool carrier option.
Deere Loader Specifications
- Net power: 152 horsepower @ 1,800 rpm
- Operating weight: 28,931-31,097 pounds
- Bucket capacity: 2.5-4.0 cubic yards
- Height to pivot pin: 12 feet 6 inches
- Net power: 166 horsepower @ 1,700 rpm
- Operating weight: 30,520-32,827 pounds
- Bucket capacity: 2.5-4.5 cubic yards
- Height to pivot pin: 12 feet 9 inches
- Net power: 192 horsepower
- Operating weight: 34,715-37,174 pounds
- Bucket capacity: 3.0-5.25 cubic yards
- Height to pivot pin: 13 feet