The 8.5-ton Bobcat E85 excavator expands the R Series excavator lineup and is the largest in the company’s compact-excavator family. The 66-horsepower model does not require a diesel particulate filter or selective catalytic reduction system.
Designed to work in congested situations, the Bobcat E85 excavator has a tail overhang of 13 inches, and the boom-swing frame remains within the width of the tracks when the machine swings.
In the cab, travel pedals fold away to provide optimum floor space, and an optional automatic heating/air-conditioning system and optional heated seat contributes to operator comfort. The cab has Level 1 Falling Object Protective Structure (FOPS) rating, and a large top window and narrow side pillars are designed to enhance visibility. A control-pattern selector is standard, allowing switching between conventional Bobcat controls and ISO controls. In addition, the second auxiliary-hydraulic selector switch in the left joystick allows switching between the optional second auxiliary function and the boom offset function. The tubular-frame, reinforced cab door is standard and features a new seal to resist contaminant ingress.
The Bobcat E85 excavator can be equipped with a depth-check system, allowing operators to measure depth and grade without exiting the cab. The depth-check system has an accuracy of ± 0.5 inch, says Bobcat, and reduces the possibility of over/under digging. No additional display screens are required for the system; the system uses the machine’s standard panel to provide operator guidance and to facilitate operator input to the guidance system.
A low engine compartment and hydraulic-valve placement facilitates machine service, says Bobcat, and greasing intervals have been extended to 50 hours for swing and slew, and to 250 hours on the upper-works group pivot points. The machine has eight tie-down locations to facilitate transport
Additional Features (some optional) for the Bobcat E85 excavator
- Hydraulic pin-grabber quick coupler
- Secondary auxiliary hydraulics
- Deluxe instrumentation panel
- Factory-installed steel tracks and segmented tracks
- Travel alarm to meet localized jobsite requirements
- Rear work light kit
- Counterweight to add lifting capability
- Guard kits for front and top windows, elevating cab to Level 2 FOPS rating
- Keyless start
- Radio kit
- Trenching buckets: 18, 24 and 36 inches
- Grading buckets: 48 and 60 inches
- Tilt-grading bucket: 48 inches
- Hydraulic clamp
- Hydraulic breaker
- Flail mower
- Plate compactor
Bobcat E85 Specifications:
- Horsepower: 66
- Operating weight: 18,977 lb.
- Bucket digging force: 16,269 lb-ft.
- Arm digging force: 8,253 lb.-ft.
- Rated lift capacity: 9,754 lb.
- Maximum reach at ground level: 23 ft. 7 in.
- Maximum dig depth: 15 ft. 5 in.
- Maximum dump height: 16 ft. 7 in.
- Width: 87 in.
- Auxiliary hydraulic flow: 25.1 gpm
- Tail swing type: Conventional